ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED! DECEMBER 9th 2019 23h59
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form are eligible for reviewing.
- Abstracts must be submitted by December 9th 2019.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book of the conference. By submitting an abstract you consent to give SCARS2020 permission to publish your abstract.
Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as a participant for the full conference.
- Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of your abstract. Withdrawal of an abstract can only be made by writing (e-mail) to the Secretariat (email@example.com).
- SCARS2020 reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 1 month before the start of the conference.
- Please note that max. 2 oral presentations and max. 2 poster presentations by the same presenting author will be accepted for presentation at the conference. NB! The presenting author does not have to be the 1st author.
Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 300 words per abstract. The SCARS2020 Secretariat reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should clearly indicate the nature of the study.
- No identifying features such as names of authors and affiliations may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their affiliation(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
- Introduction: Clearly describe the background and purpose of the study.
- Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
- Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
- Discussion: Emphasize and discuss new and important aspects of the study.
- Conclusion: Describe your conclusion(s) drawn from the results of this study.
5. Abstracts must contain previously unpresented data.
- The Scientific Committee of Scar Academy will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to months prior to the conference.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the SCARS2020 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org